Saturday, May 25, 2013

Too Good To Be My Mom

                 Too Good To Be My Mom
                                                        Nidhu Bhusan Das

          She is too good to be my mom. I can’t believe she is more than my biological mother. She has the spring of love and the mother in her. I am marveled at her sadness because a casual employee of her office has been shown the door. It’s rare, indeed. She tells me she will go for a hunger strike in protest and demand the reinstatement of her casual colleague. I understand JNU made her a human being sans selfishness. She has asked me with affection and expectation: ‘Son, you’re the boss of your office. Would you ever fire an employee?’ I understood. She does not expect her son could be inhuman. I said, ‘No, mom I wouldn’t.’ She asked for my suggestion as to how to deal with the situation. I said, ‘Mom, don’t be aggressive. Try to get the sympathy of the boss, persuade him gently. That will work.’ She agrees. Tomorrow she will approach the boss. I’m sure she will succeed. She has the empathy, and that will give her strength and power of persuasion.
       Can such a person be my mother? I have doubt. Yet I know she is my mom. She has all the qualities of an ideal mother. A mother is goddess incarnate. She is like that. I learn many things from her everyday. Her kindness and empathy make her charming. I’m told she likes to describe herself as rocking and charming. Yes, she is rocking, and I sleep everyday on her rocking lap. She is charming because she has the grace of a mother. She is my ananya maa, unique mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment